And though I have been broken and bruised, lied to and used, made fun of and hurt deeply, I still continue to love. And one day, I’m hoping someone will love me just as much as I’ve had the courage to love the world even though it destroyed me.
B. Desvarieux, This Is My Story
(Please do not remove credit or source. Thank you, love.)
1. Wash your sheets every two weeks, I promise you’ll sleep better.
2. If a boy breaks your heart, it’s okay to cry.
3. If a girl breaks your heart, it’s okay to cry.
4. School is important, but there are many things you can’t learn in a classroom. Pursue them.
5. Find your passion, and run with it.
6. No, you don’t need to lose weight.
7. You are beautiful without make up.
8. You are beautiful with make up.
9. Being a good person will never go out of style
10. Buy yourself flowers if you’re feeling sad.
11. Getting enough sleep is very important.
12. Drinking water has so many benefits
13. Believe in fairytales, believe in love, and allow no one to steal your magic.
14. Reading is good for the soul.
15. I am not here to judge you, but I will always support what I think is best for you.
16. I appreciate you.
17. I am proud of you.
18. Even on your worst days, you will never disappoint me.
19. I love you no matter what.19 Things I Will Tell My Daughter (via brennanat)
Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to.Alan Keightley (via wethinkwedream)
I regret every word I’ve written about you. All the times I’ve sat down with a pen in my hand and a blank sheet of paper in front of me. The paper was all but blank within a matter of minutes. All the restless nights I had because I couldn’t stop thinking about you, and I couldn’t stop writing down every thought. I didn’t sleep much during those months. All the days I spent in math class comparing your eyes to stars and your skin to satin. You were so distracting; I barely passed. All the letters I sent you, detailing how much I loved you, how lucky I was to know someone like you and to be able to call you mine. I constantly ran out of postage stamps. Once I started writing about you I couldn’t stop. You weren’t just a human-being. You were a work of art. You were living, breathing poetry. But you were more than that… You were a waste of time, a waste of talent, a waste of feelings. You weren’t worth a single word. But here’s two: Fuck You.i gave you more than you deserved (via depresant)
This is amazing!(via till-forever-finds-me)
Almost. It’s a big word for me. I feel it everywhere. Almost home. Almost happy. Almost changed. Almost, but not quite. Not yet. Soon, maybe.Joan Bauer (via thatkindofwoman)
When he says
He doesn’t love you anymore,
Roll your shoulders back
And look him in the eye
Even when it feels like your ribs
Are breaking inward, like spider legs.
When he digs up old aches
That he swore he forgave you for,
And ask him why he didn’t leave you sooner.
Ignore the way the words feel like sandpaper
Running all the way up your throat to your mouth.
When he blames you
For mistakes that wear his face,
Do not scream.
Do not cry.
Tell him that there are boys
Who would be proud to say they’d loved you.
Tell him that in two years
You won’t even remember his name
And don’t let him see the way you can taste your own lie.
When he leaves
Ignore the howling in your blood
And do not get up after him.
Not even to lock the door.
Do not, do not
Smell his shirts when you box them up
To give them back.
Swear off dating when you realize
You’re chasing ghosts that wear his smile.
It’s okay to cry over him.
It’s even okay to forgive him.
But do not go back to him.
If he did not know how to love you the first time,
He won’t know how to do it the next.